Changes from the previous release:
- Upgrade to Python 2.1.2 and many other packages.
- Linux problems with NVIDIA drivers fixed (graphics would disappear and sometimes hang).
- Linux problems with KDE window manager fixed (really slow bond rotation dialog updating).
- Fixed bug that broke stereo code on Windows.
- Improved volume viewer (handle little-endian MRC files, use new Open/Save dialog, open volumes files from main Chimera open dialog, and more).
- Fixed bug with the active color well not updating.
- Fixed bug that prevented adjacent bonds from being rotated.
- Add back "lost" icons in mouse modes preferences dialog.
- Documentation updated.
- Must use Chimera's Python on Linux even though the system version passes our compatibility tests.
- Not all Open/Save dialogs have been converted to the new style.
- VRML Materials are picking up the emissive color for the diffuse and ambient components (due to an OpenGL coding bug). This is fixed in the next release.
- Problems with the Page Setup, Window Setup, and Print Panel remain.
- On IRIX 6.5.15 and later, Chimera may not run due to a runtime linker failure. This is fixed in the next release. No workaround is known.
- On some Linux systems (Debian only?), there are conflicts between chimera's Tcl/Tk libraries and the system ones. A workaround is to add a couple of symbolic links in the lib directory of the chimera installation:
% cd ..../chimera/lib % ln -s libtk8.3.so libtk8.3.so.1 % ln -s libtcl8.3.so libtcl8.3.so.1